[GRASS-dev] Introduction for GSoC '17

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Mar 15 08:25:42 PDT 2017

Hi Anisha and welcome to GRASS GIS !

On 15/03/17 12:55, Anisha Godha wrote:
> Hi
>
> My name is Anisha and I am a fourth year student in Geological
> Technology at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. This January, I
> built an ArcGIS plug-in in Python that automates the Laminar Flow Model
> method to give a glacier's thickness distribution raster. For my thesis,
> I will be working around developing a framework that gives
> recommendation for specific Spatial Interpolation Techniques based on
> user dataset.
>
> When I learnt about some of the project ideas listed by OSGeo, I was
> extremely eager to be a part of this open source community. I am
> especially interested in 'Additional GUI tools for Image Analysis',
> since I think these enhancements will make the interface very
> user-friendly. I have less familiarity with GRASS-GIS but I am keen on
> picking it up soon.

Concerning the specific project, please see some information in the
thread at [1].

More generally, make sure to have gone through the more general material
at [2].

At this stage you should spend time to get familiar with GRASS GIS.
Install everything you need for compilation, check out the code, compile
and read through some of the docs.

Moritz

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2017-March/084526.html
[2]