[GRASS-dev] Introduction for GSoC '17

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 12:00:14 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Anisha Godha <anishagodha16 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am a fourth year student in Geological Technology at Indian Institute of
> Technology Roorkee. This January, I built an ArcGIS plug-in in Python that
> automates the Laminar Flow Model method to give a glacier's thickness
> distribution raster. For my thesis, I will be working around developing a
> framework that gives recommendation for specific Spatial Interpolation
> Techniques based on user dataset.

It seems you have expertise in these specific areas, so it might be better
for you to consider also topics which are focused more on something related
to what you work on. The topics you can propose are not limited by the list
on the wiki [1]. However, it may be harder to find mentors in this case.

Also, for the programming now and during application period, you have a
choice of working on some ticket or you can implement some of your previous
work in GRASS GIS (or port it to GRASS GIS).

Vaclav

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2017