[GRASS-dev] Different CRS matching in 7.2 and trunk

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:46:18 PST 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > 7.2 considers this OK while trunk considers this different. I'm not
sure which one is correct.

> > In this case, 7.2 is correct, but 7.2 does not compare datums, i.e.
projections would be regarded as matching even with e.g. nad27 and nad83.
> > The comparison of datums is new in 7.3 and needs some refinement.
> >
> > I will fix the comparison of swapped lat_1 and lat_2.
>
> Fixed in trunk r71656.
>
> The test for different datum names has been disabled again in trunk
r71657. There are several different datum names in lib/gis/datum.table that
apparently mean the same: same ellipsoid and same transformation
parameters. Apparently, GRASS does not provide a datum name when converting
projection information from GRASS to proj4 for reprojecting data.

Thank you so much, Markus. This saves me a lot of trouble.

(I'm working on a Jupyter Notebook where I need trunk.)
https://github.com/wenzeslaus/Notebook-for-processing-point-clouds-in-GRASS-GIS