[GRASS-dev] winGRASS not built/broken

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Nov 11 09:01:51 PST 2017

On samedi 11 novembre 2017 17:44:18 CET Markus Metz wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> > it seems there is an issue with winGRASS:
> >
> > 32 bit:
> >
> > https://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass73/x86/logs/log-r71641-1/error.log
> >
> > GRASS GIS 7.3.svn r71641 compilation log
> > Started compilation: Tue Nov  7 21:30:33     2017
> > --
> > Errors in:
> > /c/msys32/usr/src/grass_trunk/raster/r.in.gdal
>
> The error is:
> main.c:345: undefined reference to `GDALSetCacheMax64 at 4'
>
> strange, GDALSetCacheMax64 should exist on 32 bit Windows, even if "the
> maximum amount of memory that can be addressed by a process might be 2 GB
> or 3 GB, depending on the operating system capabilities."
>
> Falling back to GDALSetCacheMax for MS Windows (including 64 bit Windows)
> in r71677.

The issue is probably that this build uses GDAL from OSGeo4W, into which GDAL has been
configured and compiled with MSVC. Thus HAVE_LONG_LONG is not defined in cpl_config.h,
and the GDALSetCacheMax64( GIntBig ) must evaluate to GDALSetCacheMax64 ( int ) when
including from GRASS. I guess defining HAVE_LONG_LONG would solve the issue .

http://www.spatialys.com