[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 09:36:36 PST 2017

> Another, intermediate option would be to use the functions in
> buffer2.c, i.e. Vect_line_buffer2, which is what is used in v.buffer if
> GEOS is not available. It has a slightly different API, with some new
> outputs (holes), but shouldn't be too difficult to use in v.profile.
>
> Do you think you have the time to work on v.profile these days ?
I spent some hours trying to understand how buffering works. It
doesn't look good at the moment:
#3439 #3438 and r71704

What is the current road map for buffering? Making GEOS a hard option?
Fixing native version? Or should I try to mimic v.buffer and have both
for 7.4.0 release (#3438 and #3439 doesn't affect v.profle use case)?

> Moritz
Māris.