[GRASS-dev] [release planning] 7.4.0

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:54:00 PDT 2017

Hi all :)

> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Please all devs try to remember all cool features you implemented for
> > G74 and put notes about that on trac wiki page! It will help a lot
> > (going through all logs and discover new features is a very hard and
> > time consuming job).
>
> Some help for this:
> * 24 May 2016 Creation of the GRASS GIS 7.2 release branch (r68500)
>
> To save you some time, I have diff'ed the 7.2.2svn and 7.4.svn

there's no 7.4.svn yet, right? Only trunk (grass73), no?

Changelogs and removed from the result obvious "trivial" changes. The
> remainder is here:
> https://data.neteler.org/tmp/ChangeLog74_filtered.txt
>
> From browsing this file memories may come back :-)
>
> Please add findings then to
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures74

I started going through the document to add what I believe might be
relevant stuff to the NewFeatures74 page, but some things in that diff file
were already reported in NewFeatures72, eg: all d.* changes done by Adam
Laza in GSoC 2016... so, I'm (will be) double checking. I wonder however if
it is ok to diff against r68500 or should be a later version (eg.: the
stable version released in December 2016, for example)? No idea

> (also screenshots would be great)

yes! As well as some extra description from devs for the new cool features
implemented or examples of use of new features (or important bug fixes)!
That would make it much easier to then write the announcements, promote
grass elsewhere and show off a bit ;-)

cheers,
Vero