[GRASS-dev] [QGIS-Developer] External providers in QGIS

Rashad Kanavath mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:13:37 PST 2018

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 7:07 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm much more in favour for out of core providers, for the same reasons
> reported by Victor. Having only GDAL and QGIS algorithms in core will
> reduce the number of available algorithms out of the box, but:
>
> - from my experience - comprising years of feedbacks from the courses I
> teach - the most frequently used algs are available within the GDAL and
> QGIS algs list

Do you have these toolboxes installed during training? OTB, SAGA, GRASS
etc..
OTB is focused on remote sensing. Unless you have a training or course that
area, your statistics on them being not needed is pretty unreliable. Don't
you think?
What QGIS uses to run a classification/segmentation algorithm without OTB
and GRASS GIS.

Regards,
   Rashad