[GRASS-dev] OSGeo Login required to get code

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:34:58 PST 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:49 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Am 26.02.2018 3:42 nachm. schrieb "Vaclav Petras" <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>:

> Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.osgeo.org:443':
>  - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
>    fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
> Certificate information:
>  - Hostname: *.osgeo.org
>  - Valid: from Apr 28 00:00:00 2016 GMT until May  1 23:59:59 2019 GMT
>  - Issuer: SSL.com DV CA, www.ssl.com, SSL.com, US
>  - Fingerprint: 56:50:0D:63:0F:47:10:92:7A:3A:
B5:A9:83:F8:97:92:FE:D6:19:95
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
>

> Could it be that the pool of certificate authorities is outdated in your
docker?
> Is it up to date?

Installing the `ca-certificates` removes the certificate waring/prompt.
Still the `svn checkout` ask for credentials.

```
docker run -it --rm ubuntu

apt update -y
apt install -y subversion ca-certificates
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk
```

> I'm traveling so I cannot easily check now... maybe someone else could
try with a docker generated from a different distro?

Same on Fedora in Docker (except the certificate):

```
docker run -it --rm fedora bash

yum update -y
yum install -y subversion
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk

Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
Password for 'root':
```

In all cases, it happens after a random number of downloaded files, not at
the beginning or after a specific file.