[GRASS-dev] : [SoC] Week 7 Report - Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:31:37 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Sanjeet,
>
> Since you are starting in on the GUI now, I thought I'd let you know that I've compiled GRASS with wxPython 3 and 4 on the Mac and it works pretty well, with a few glitches. Anna Petrasova has solved most of the glitches. I'm compiling this with Python 2.7, but the current versions of wxPython (4 is most current stable) work with Python 3.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for informing that wxPython 3 and 4 both work on Python 2.7.
Currently, I am updating the GUI files(starting with mapdisp and imgr)
to work with wxPython 4 on all versions of Python (2.7 and above).

Once I get it working on my system I'll share the patch. It will be
great to have a lot of people testing it and giving feedback.

Thanks
Sanjeet