[GRASS-dev] Dependencies for wxGUI and wx monitors

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 05:04:01 PDT 2018

> What are more fundamental dependencies for Graphics? The standard Linux
> graphics stack? Is there any special dependency to X, to Mesa, Cairo, to
> GLX perhaps?

Nothing special, as far as I know.

> My laptop has a integrated Intel graphics card, nothing fancy with the
> hardware.

I do have two boxes with Nvidia cards (Quadro NVS 160m for Gentoo and
Quadro K620 for Ubuntu LTS) running Nouveau and Nvidia proprietary
drivers.

> Note, while the GRASS GIS GUI works, I do observe many glitches in my
> system.
> Like, zoom in or out, does not refresh properly the display. The "new"
> map is rendered on top of the old, resulting in a noisy image.

I can not confirm any issues with GRASS graphical stack. It seems that
your system is semi-broken. I would start with video drivers and then
work all way up (recompile, check and test various parameters). Have
you been trying to run bare bones X11 with some light WM (twm)?

> Thank you Maris.

Have fun with broken drivers ;)