[GRASS-dev] Mixing vector and Raster input maps for a module

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jul 27 03:29:25 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I am concerned about mixing Vector and Raster maps as inputs in a
module. I think it's less of a complication if a module considers either
only Vector or Raster maps as inputs.

Should I just not worry and mix these? The question is about user-friendliness.

If tha add-on is exposed to QGIS, non-experienced users will be able to
use it. Should they be forced to think about doing some rasterisation
themselves? Or should the module do this job for them?

This is a generic question. I much appreciate your thoughts.

Nikos