[GRASS-dev] [SoC] Week 5 Report - Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 11:27:15 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This is my week Week 5 report for the project "Full support of Python
3 in GRASS GIS"

1) What did I complete this week?

    Updated tests for 'trunk/scripts' as per the feedback [0]
    Made changes in the 'ctypes' library to make it compile with Py3 [1]
    Added another patch for 'ctypes' to include the changes from the
latest fork of ctypes [2]
    Tested the changes with Python versions 2.7, 3.5 and 3.6

2) What am I going to achieve for the next week?

    Work on 'pygrass' module
    Compare changes of ctypes compiled version among all 3 versions
with and without changes
    Write new tests for some of the remaining scripts in 'trunk/scripts'

3) Is there any blocking issue?
    Not at the moment.

The link to my wiki page is here [3].

[0] https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3/tree/master/grass_trunk/scripts