[GRASS-dev] Installing non-standard Python addons in winGRASS

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:59:32 PDT 2018

Hi Michel,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 5:19 AM Michel Wortmann <wortmann at pik-potsdam.de>
wrote:

> I can give it a try but I don’t actually work on Windows myself,

Neither do I, hence the suggestion for the flag.

i.e. testing and developing this would be a bit cumbersome.

If you use as much as possible all different system abstractions, i.e., use
the standard Python library and read documentation, you should be able to
get quite far. Most of it will be platform independent (is my guess).

If

you are ok with testing it and fully implementing it in g.extension, then
> that would be great.

I hope there is enough people interested in this feature to test it on
Windows. I can do the code review unless someone else volunteers.

Best,
Vaclav

Regards,