[GRASS-dev] compile 6S library in GRASS

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:06:45 PDT 2018

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Roberta Fagandini <
> robifagandini at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to create an automatic procedure to retrieve all the input
> parameters for the control file of i.atcorr.
> > I need py6S because I want to automatically read and compute AOT at
> 550nm from an AERONET file.
>
> With AOT you mean aerosol optical thickness right? This is user input to
> i.atcorr. There are various sources for AOT at 550nm, e.g. MODIS.

Right!

> Anyway, it is probably much easier to to write your own routine to read
> the AERONET file and get the corresponding formula for AOT than to fight
> with 51821 lines of Fortran source code that is numerically unstable. Maybe
> I can help with getting AOT at 550nm from an AERONET file avoiding the
> Fortran version of 6S.

Ok but I'm not able to create this kind of routine on my own. If someone,
more expert than me, can help me in translating the 6S/Py6S functions I can
go on in this way otherwise for me it's easier to use the fortran source
code.
Here [0] a link to my Github repository in which you can find the small
script that I wrote using the Py6S library to compute AOT at 550nm

Roberta

[0]
https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows/blob/master/read_aeronet.py