[GRASS-dev] compile 6S library in GRASS

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:24:07 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Roberta Fagandini <robifagandini at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to create an automatic procedure to retrieve all the input
parameters for the control file of i.atcorr.
> I need py6S because I want to automatically read and compute AOT at 550nm
from an AERONET file.

With AOT you mean aerosol optical thickness right? This is user input to
i.atcorr. There are various sources for AOT at 550nm, e.g. MODIS.

Anyway, it is probably much easier to to write your own routine to read the
AERONET file and get the corresponding formula for AOT than to fight with
51821 lines of Fortran source code that is numerically unstable. Maybe I
can help with getting AOT at 550nm from an AERONET file avoiding the
Fortran version of 6S.

Markus M

markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com <mailto:markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>> ha