[GRASS-dev] planning releases - spring 2018

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:29:52 PST 2018

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For 7.2.3, I see only these relevant candidates left:
> >
> > * i18N: Install gettext to Python script modules to use translated
> > strings extracted by r70817: r70818
>
> It is useless to backport r70818 without r70817. And both are
> questionable, as someone would have to merge translations from trunk
> to 7.2 as there are no translations for newly extracted strings in 7.2
> and Transifex points to (whatever but it is not 7.2).
> I tend to say - no backport for this one.

Any particular reason not to use the "import underscore" mechanism used in
wxGUI utils.py/globalvar.py/gcmd.py in r70818? It was little rough to
introduce it (r57219 & r57220, #1739#comment:5), but AFAIK it is the
recommended way and it seems to work well.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/70818
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/core/utils.py
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57219
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/57220