[GRASS-dev] Strange behavour of t.register command

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:30:55 PDT 2018

Ciao Roberto,

AFAIU, the second command you used is the right one. I tested and no errors.

In general, if you have absolute time (say gregorian calendar), you set the
increment with a number and unit as you did, increment="120 minutes". If
you have relative time in which each map represents 2 hours (result of
simulations for example), you set the increment as increment=2 units=hours.
IIUC, in your first command you are mixing two different time types by
setting a start time as absolute time, a unitless increment and units
separately... But others will know best :)
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing/maps_registration

Here's a wiki with examples:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing#Creating_a_STRDS_and_registering_maps,
and one specific for registering maps: