[GRASS-dev] ​GSoC 2018 report week 01 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sun May 20 12:44:54 PDT 2018

Ciao Roberta,

Thanks for the comprehensive report!

One general hint: Even if the drawback is complex expression(s) I would suggest merging r.mapcalc calls. That can improve performance quite a bit (less data read and written) and reduces the need to manage temporary data.

See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.mapcalc.html#multiple-computations>grass74<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.mapcalc.html#multiple-computations>/manuals/r.mapcalc.html#multiple-computations<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.mapcalc.html#multiple-computations>

If you don't need the first_... To fifth_... files later, I would even say everything in 3rd_procedure.py until r.to.vect could be solved in a single mapcalc operation...

Kind regards and again thank for your GSoC work,
Stefan