[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3567: v.select: doubtful result with the default overlap operator selecting areas with lines

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 28 05:33:35 PDT 2018

#3567: v.select: doubtful result with the default overlap operator selecting areas
with lines
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  mlennert          |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
 Platform:  Unspecified       |
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Trying to select areas with lines, I get a result using the overlap
 operator that I don't really understand, and which I suspect being a bug.

 Using the following command in the attached location, test_vselect mapset:

 {{{
 v.select ain=test_polys bin=test_line atype=area btype=line
 out=result_overlap op=overlap
 }}}

 I get a result of only three areas selected (see attached map) where,
 IMHO, all 41 should be.

 I'll try to diagnose this further when I have the time...

 The attached location includes the results of runs with op=intersects,
 op=crosses and op=overlaps which provide the results I expect.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3567>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>