[GRASS-dev] [release] planning GRASS 7.4.2

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:39:16 PST 2018

Hi,

st 28. 11. 2018 v 14:28 odesílatel Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> napsal:
> I updated the processing provider to automatically pick the latest GRASS
> directory - before it was configured in the user profile and never updated at
> all and processing would look broken after a GRASS update - that should be fine
> now.

thanks for info.

> But the GRASS plugin will be broken between the GRASS update and the next QGIS
> point release.   As QGIS will only be built automatically on QGIS releases.

This is very unfortunate (cc'ed to grass-dev). We have two options:

1) update GRASS package (as current) to OSGeo4W when released
+ a new GRASS version available in OSGeo4W when released
 - we don't care about broken QGIS GRASS plugin

2) publish GRASS release in OSGeo4W as test package and change to
current when new QGIS point release
+ QGIS GRASS plugin will be not broken
- new GRASS version available when QGIS point release published
+/- there is still possibility to install new GRASS version from Expr area

Any comments? I would vote for 2). In this case Juergen could you
change test -> curr in GRASS setup.hint when pushing new QGIS point
release to OSGeo4W or let me/us know to do it? Would be nice to
collaborate more closely to avoid broken QGIS-GRASS interfaces.

Thanks, Ma

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa