[GRASS-dev] v.in.ogr and v.import do not import all features in gpkg file

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:10:38 PDT 2018

Hi Vero and Markus,

>> I am not sure what to do about this. Disable this safety check again?
> Maybe the bb safety check makes sense for features other than points, dunno. Others can for sure tell some use cases that I am not aware of. But I can say that it is pretty striking to see that some features are "eaten and lost" when importing into GRASS while ogr and others show everything.
>
> What about a flag? Import all by default and the safety check with a flag? Or at least a note in the manual page of v.in.ogr

My two cents' worth: from my perspective as a user, the main problem
is that it drops points without a warning (most of the time I am
blissfully unaware of the exact number of features that need import).
So throwing a warning should be considered, with maybe a flag as
suggested by Vero to void that check.

Cheers,