[GRASS-dev] Access to GRASS GIS addons

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Oct 11 07:28:42 PDT 2018

On 11/10/18 07:53, Stefan Blumentrath wrote:
> Dear Nikos,
>
> Approaches are a bit different for Processing and the GRASS plugin, though both do not allow usage of GRASS addons out-of-the-box.
> Assuming you are aiming at integration in Processing have a look here:
> https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/150100/how-to-add-my-own-grass-algorithms-to-processing
> and
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/b3d2619976a69d7fb67b884492da491dfaba287c/python/plugins/processing/algs/grass7/description/r.horizon.height.txt
> on how you would have to tweak local GRASS and QGIS installation.
>
> For less experienced users that are supposed to use the addon, you would probably want to write a little installation routine for your addon, that puts txt files into right places in the installation and also installs the GRASS addon systemwide...

Also note that there was a GSoC project to try to implement
functionality that would make integration easier:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/IntegrationInQGIS3

but this seems to have been terminated early. At least I never saw a
final report. Maybe Vaclav can update us on where we are at with this ?

See also the discussions here:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2018-February/087353.html

Moritz