[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #3553: i.superpixels.slic: can seed initialization warning be transformed into a message ?

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 12 02:01:20 PDT 2018

#3553: i.superpixels.slic: can seed initialization warning be transformed into a
message ?
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  mlennert     |      Owner:  grass-dev@…
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Component:  Addons       |    Version:  unspecified
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  i.superpixels.slic warning
       CPU:  Unspecified  |   Platform:  Unspecified
--------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by mmetz):

 Replying to [ticket:3553 mlennert]:
 > When running i.superpixels.slic, generally with the step parameter set,
 I systematically get a warning of the type:

 > {{{
 > WARNING: Initialized 9619 of 24804 seeds
 > }}}
 >
 > Any reason this has to be a warning (which makes output very verbose)
 instead of a message which can easily be suppressed with --q ?

 There is not really a reason why this should be a warning. Changed in
 r73316.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3553#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org>