[GRASS-dev] seg fault with temporal modules

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 06:18:18 PDT 2018

Hi devs,

I get 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)' after running temporal commands.
Commands work, but they finish with segfault. I started observing this
yesterday evening that I recompiled trunk to get lattest temporal changes.
I was working with temporal modules the day before that with no issues.

Luca suggested off-list that my DB must be corrupted somehow because others
do not have that issue and neither myself in a different machine with
freshly compiled trunk. So, I'm lost...

To test further I did 2 things:
1). *remove my nc_basic location and download it again *in my grassdata:

GRASS 7.7.svn (nc_basic_spm_grass7):~ > t.connect -d
Default driver / database set to:
driver: sqlite
database: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/tgis/sqlite.db

GRASS 7.7.svn (nc_basic_spm_grass7):~ > t.list
WARNING: Temporal database connection defined as:

/home/veroandreo/grassdata/nc_basic_spm_grass7/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db
         But database file does not exist.
Creating temporal database:
/home/veroandreo/grassdata/nc_basic_spm_grass7/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

2). create a *new grassdata and download a different location*

GRASS 7.7.svn (worldlocation):~ > t.connect -d
driver: sqlite
database: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/tgis/sqlite.db

GRASS 7.7.svn (worldlocation):~ > t.list
WARNING: Temporal database connection defined as:

/home/veroandreo/grassdata_test/worldlocation/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db
         But database file does not exist.
Creating temporal database:
/home/veroandreo/grassdata_test/worldlocation/PERMANENT/tgis/sqlite.db
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

same result... any other ideas??

Thanks much in advance!
Vero