[GRASS-dev] [release] planning GRASS 7.4.2

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Sep 28 13:29:38 PDT 2018

The map frame creation is now fixed  (see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3621) and maps can be added to the composer. This allowed me to test the rest of the cartographic composer. It is not possible to select a symbol for points (also broken for vector display) or create a scale bar. I've reported both of these on the ticket. We're getting closer to functionality. This will have down the line benefits for all.

You can get a map out of GRASS now, but the cartographic composer is not useable for most cartography yet. This has been reclassified from blocker to critical.

Michael
______________________________
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice:    480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www:      http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
                                http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

On 9/28/18, 1:20 PM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

    On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu> wrote:

    > That would be great. It seems to be that when the mouse is released after making the rubber-band box, it is not triggering the event to make the bounding box for the cartography. My proposal goes in tomorrow, so I can test.

    Has this been solved? I would like to prepare RC1.

    thanks
    Markus