[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.8.0 with Python3 support

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 02:09:17 PDT 2019

Hi,

po 1. 4. 2019 v 10:10 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
> How good is Python 3 support in trunk currently, especially for wxGui.
> As would be expected, most errors I've seen in the past seem to be
> linked either to wxGUI, or to lib/python.
>
> Do you think it would be a good idea to create a 7.8 release branch
> before having solved most of the Python 3 problems, or wouldn't it be
> better to focus on that in trunk and create the realease branch only
> once this has reached a reasonable state.

I would say that we are not expecting that 7.8.0 will be perfect and
all problems/bugs will be solved. If we plan a perfect release that we
will never release :-) Moreover Python3 support will be widely tested
when there will be packages available to install. I would expect that
many problems will be discovered after release. Then we can come with
a more frequent point releases.

Just my two cents,

Ma

--