[GRASS-dev] which files are mandatory for raster maps

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Apr 17 02:24:26 PDT 2019

* Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2019-04-16 14:56:02 +0200]:

>Hello,
>
>I'm working with a large batch of raster maps (4550 * 4 bands) and
>including all the auxiliary files this explodes my inode quota on our
>university's HPC system. While waiting to see if they can increase
>this, I was wondering which of the auxiliary files are absolutely
>mandatory.
>
>Can I just erase colr/* and hist/* for example ?

Related:

- https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2018-May/088463.html
- https://gitlab.com/NikosAlexandris/r.internal.sh
    (see in partucilar
    https://gitlab.com/NikosAlexandris/r.internal.sh/blob/5aea42f14c0701938270c4787794f408ee046dfe/r.internal#L99)

I would be nice to know which are the minimum requirements for a raster
map.  And nicer to convert `r.internal.sh` into a Python script.

Nikos