[GRASS-dev] Try GRASS GIS online: CoCalc - cocalc.com

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Dec 18 14:06:37 PST 2019

Done.
The CoCalc support team is on the issue. I also asked for a launcher button for GRASS GIS...

Still, I have to mention, that Vaclavs Jupyter notebook collection is pretty impressive, and leads interested users right to the point when served with Binder.

For a "Launch Binder" button in the Readme.md on github we would just have to add the following line:
[![Binder](https://mybinder.org/badge_logo.svg)](https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/wenzeslaus/geospatial-modeling-course-jupyter/master)
in the README and with one click people can get to very good example exercises...

But we would probably want have it a bit more prominent (e.g. on the new website) than with just a small button at the top of the repo README...

Wanna look at it yourselv: https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/wenzeslaus/geospatial-modeling-course-jupyter/master

I could have made a PR (and can do so if you like), but I guess Vaclav has some plans in this regards...
So I would at least like to have his OK to use these examples before doing anything more...

Cheers
Stefan