[GRASS-dev] Contributing to addons on GitHub

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 30 13:04:28 PST 2019

Hi,

Brendan <brendan.harmon at gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 30. Dez. 2019, 21:27:

> With the migration to GitHub, what exactly is the process for making
> contributions to the addons repository?

Please fork, edit/add and make pull requests.

Some of the documentation still covers SVN rather than git.

Ok that should be updated accordingly.
Which docs do you refer to?

Can I directly pull, commit, and push from master or should I make a branch
> and then submit a pull request?

A PR is the preferred way.
If it is your own code you can also merge right away. If it is other
author's code, some feedback might be fair to be obtained (via PR) but it
also depends a bit on the case.

HTH, my 0.02 cents,

Markus

Thanks, Brendan