[GRASS-dev] Contributing to addons on GitHub

Brendan brendan.harmon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:03:22 PST 2019

Thanks. Got it.

Documentation with old instructions includes:

How to Contribute
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToContribute#SettingupthenewSVNwriteaccessafteracceptance

Submitting
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting#GRASSGISAddons
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting#SubmittingcodetoSVN

How to SVN
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN

The GitHub GRASS Addons repo contains SVN_HOWTO.txt
<https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/blob/master/SVN_HOWTO.txt>
rather than a git HOWTO like https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToGit
I think a link in the README to https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToGit
would help.

Submitting Python Code
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Python
mentions svn diff which could be updated to git diff
I believe there was a discussion on the grass-dev list about using Python
Black for style.
Was there a decision? That could be added to this wiki page.

-Brendan