[GRASS-dev] error when compiling grass with pdal

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 2 07:10:36 PST 2019

On 1/2/19 3:48 PM, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
> After creating symlinks libpdal_base.so.5  pointing to libpdal_base.so.7
> and libpdal_utils.so.5  pointing to libpdal_utils.so.7, I can open the

Don't do this. The SOVERSION changed to reflect the ABI change. If the
libraries remained compatible it wouldn't have bumped their SONAME.

> Any ideas how to solve this?

Find out where you have PDAL installed, it seems you have at least two
installations. Remove the one you don't use, and fix ld.so.conf to
include the paths to your self-built one.

If you install your self-built PDAL, it should use paths that are used
by ldconfig (as configured in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf) unless you use
an unusual prefix (not /usr/local nor /usr). If you use /opt as prefix
for example, you'll need to add /opt/lib to the ld.so.conf configuration.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1