[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.4.4 - as a "friendship release" for QGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:49:48 PST 2019

Hi,

po 7. 1. 2019 v 21:40 odesílatel Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> napsal:
> What is the reason to include the point release number in the path:  %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\grass\grass-7.4.2\lib ?

probably inspired by possibility to install various GRASS versions in parallel.

> Why not
> %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\grass\grass-7.4\*
> or even
> %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\grass\grass7\*
>
> The objective is to update GRASS7 and QGIS would not need to be updated, QGIS could use a new GRASS7 version with bug fixes and enhancements without the need to update QGIS itself.

Make sense. We could do this change probably before 7.6.0RC2. But then
this change should also affect lib names (but what about other
platforms?), eg. libgrass_7.6.dll, see related issue [1].

Any opinions?

Ma

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3718

--