[GRASS-dev] Unable to install manual for add-on r.estimap.recreation under Windows

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Jan 14 03:22:53 PST 2019

* Stefan Blumentrath <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> [2019-01-14 10:03:45
* +0000]:

>Hei Nikos,
>
>Unfortunately, also under Windows people cannot necessarily choose
>where to install an addon, so that it ends up in HOME by default should
>be fine, and it should not be required to install addons in the man
>program directory system wide...
>
>On Win10 with GRASS 7.4.0 from OSGeo4W I can install and run (open the
>GUI) of r.estimap.recreation without issue, though, when I run the
>module from CMD it opens both GUI and the python script in a text
>editor...

Indeed.  I was, without thinking too much, opting for system wide
installation.  I removed all and re-installed the add-on without
checking the option to install it system-wide.  It works!

I'll post in a new clean message, in this thread my next to-fix things.

Thank you Stefan

ps- Below relared text from previous message:

>> Nikos:

>>However, there is still a problem.  I am under a Windows machine and
>>have installed GRASS 7.4.4, revision 70829 along with QGIS 2.18.27
>>(Nightly) via the OSGeo4W installer.

>>I cannot launch the add-on.  The path it is installed to is different
>>than the path GRASS is looking for it.  The error message is an "Errno
>>2". No further hints.

[..]