[GRASS-dev] Testsuite: script for easier use of test framework

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 20 09:01:51 PST 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 2:00 AM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:11 AM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> > I changed the location on fatra to full NC SPM and did the rename as you suggested. I don't know how
>> > many tests does this affect, but in any case tomorrow we will know if I at least set the things correctly.

Thanks!

> There is an additional issue: the file testsuite/test_framework_GRASS_GIS_with_NC.sh is executed as an
> test because it is in a directory named testsuite AND it fits pattern *.sh. Putting it into a subdirectory examples is one option how to avoid the problem.

sure - moved to subdir.

> Can you also comment on what are the difference to the example cron job from the documentation [1] (besides
> the renames)? And whether or not it would be worth it to have just one example, this one or the one in the documentation.
>
> [1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/libpython/gunittest_running_tests.html#example-bash-script-to-run-be-used-as-a-cron-job

Differences:
- script reorganization: I like it much more when definitions are done
on top and not in the script "middle".Moving them to the upper part of
the script + adding a few more vars is one difference.
- now GRASS GIS is compiled with make -j ($MYNPROC - 1), faster for
bigger machines
- compilation can be switched on/off in the definitions
- NC data download added (needed if you test a GRASS GIS installation
on a new machine)
- user can define python or python3 (or whatever, it is a var now)
-  publication on Web server can be switched on/off in the definitions

That's more or less it..

Markus