[GRASS-dev] Testsuite: script for easier use of test framework

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:12:07 PST 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:11 AM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 9:53 PM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> (just quickly while being busy right now)
>
> > I changed the location on fatra to full NC SPM and did the rename as you
> suggested. I don't know how
> > many tests does this affect, but in any case tomorrow we will know if I
> at least set the things correctly.
>

> http://fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu/grassgistests/reports_for_date-2019-01-17-08-00/report_for_nc_spm_full_v2alpha_nc/testsuites.html
>
> It seems that it failed. Importantly, the 5 or so maps need to be
> _copied_ under new name, not remnamed.

One of the g.copy failed:

g.copy raster=landuse96,landuse

should be

g.copy raster=landuse96_28m,landuse

> Would you mind to check again?

There is an additional issue: the file
testsuite/test_framework_GRASS_GIS_with_NC.sh is executed as an test
because it is in a directory named testsuite AND it fits pattern *.sh.
Putting it into a subdirectory examples is one option how to avoid the
problem.

Can you also comment on what are the difference to the example cron job
from the documentation [1] (besides the renames)? And whether or not it
would be worth it to have just one example, this one or the one in the
documentation.

[1]
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/libpython/gunittest_running_tests.html#example-bash-script-to-run-be-used-as-a-cron-job