[GRASS-dev] Testsuite: script for easier use of test framework

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:26:08 PST 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 5:34 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 11:14 PM Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 3:59 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
> wrote:
> using at fatra.cnr.ncsu.edu to GRASS GIS code?
> >>
> >> Ah, in order to also run it directly, right?

> as too specific (it needs to have the hardcoded paths anyway).
> >>
> >> Perhaps it might be the best to store the hardcoded paths in a
> >> separate config file which is "source"d by the test script?
> >

> > That's a good idea. That way I we could actually run it directly without
> storing the specific settings in the source code.
>
> Changed in r73993.
> Please try.

How do you suggest to set path the config file to `source`? I don't have it
in the current directory. Script parameter?

Also, what do you think about keeping all the grass77, grass76, ... in the
source code? I'm using the following in my script. Would that be
understandable in the example?

# just get any file which is there (there is only one, but the name differs
by version
GRASSBIN="$GRASSSRC/bin.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/grass*"

Otherwise, trying to align the two scripts, it seems I need to parametrize
every task the script is doing (I want the compilation to keep more cores
free, I don't need the download, untar and rename, and I have different
combination and names of locations).