[GRASS-dev] Migration to git, use addons as test case?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Jan 31 15:04:37 PST 2019

A bit late, my "outsider" view, even if some points are known/repeatedly
discussed:

- I prefer gitlab

- Pragmatically, however, github is still "bigger"

- Allow me (to reiterate) please: it is important to "open-up" to as many
  contributors, any kind of, as possible--thus, a decentralised
  repository is the way to go.  Perhaps I am not that attached to SVN to
  know it well, but I shouldn't be worried or need to check
  multiple times each time I decide to commit something (in my case, the
  Add-ons repository). I can break local GRASS GIS repositories as
  many times without worries core developers will accept if and when they
  judge some request is ready for merging in.

- If the PSC decides for an in-house solution (i.e. OSGeo's
  infrastructure or else), consider perhaps some additional workload,
  to implement/integrate authorisation and login mechanisms, or similar,
  stuff that all "big" players have seamlessly working.

On/Off-topic:

- Add-ons should be only accepted along with some basic unit test

- Please consider also using new ways of interacting: slack or similar?

Cheers, Nikos

* Stefan Blumentrath <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> [2019-01-27 10:37:02
* +0000]: