[GRASS-dev] GRASS GIS at FOSS4G

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 10 13:14:01 PDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 10:21 PM Moritz Lennert
<mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It seems that we have one workshop accepted on TGRASS, plus the general
> "state of the project" presentation, plus several others where GRASS
> GIS is used in different forms. Sounds like a nice programme !

We have these presentations and workshops (maybe more) here: [1]

Workshop (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/workshops/)
* Spatio-temporal data processing and visualization with GRASS GIS -
Veronica Andreo, Martin Landa, Ondřej Pešek, Markus Neteler, Luca
Delucchi, Moritz Lennert

Talks (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/general-track/):
* State of GRASS GIS Project: 35 years is nothing! - Markus Neteler,
Veronica Andreo, Anna Petrasova, Moritz Lennert, Martin Landa, Luca
Delucchi, Markus Metz

* GRASS GIS in the cloud: actinia geoprocessing - Carmen Tawalika,
Markus Neteler

* How digging in the earth for the fibre roll-out took GRASS to the
cloud - Markus Neteler, Torsten Drey, Carmen Tawalika, Markus Metz,
Anika Bettge

Academic track (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/academic-track/):
* A Tensor Based Framework For Large Scale Spatio-Temporal Raster Data
Processing - Dr. Sukriti Bhattacharya, Christian Braun, Ulrich Leopold

Labs (https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/labs/)
* ...

There are likely more GRASS GIS related talks, but I didn't scan all :)

> I will be in Bucharest from Sunday, Aug 25 afternoon, until Saturday,
> Aug 31, mid-day.

Me similar, but leaving on Sunday.

> The TGRASS workshop is on August 27, 14:00 - 18:00.
>
> I was wondering:
>
> - Who else will be in town at the beginning of the week ?

I'll be there.

> - Should we organise some form of small GRASS sprint on Monday and
>   Tuesday ?

Sounds great!

> - Have you all booked housing already ?

I'm already settled.

>  If not, should we try to find
>   some place (e.g. appartment) which could also be a place to work
>   together, or should we ask whether a room might be available at the
>   FOSS4G premises ?
>
> What do you think ?

Whom else will come to Bucharest?

Markus