[GRASS-dev] Introduction and Idea ( GSOC 2019 )

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Mar 6 01:30:18 PST 2019

Hi guys,

First of all, I have to mention, that I have almost no experience with kind of models. From tensorflow I have been looking a bit at tensorflow probability[1].
Could imagine that also v.class.ml[2] and r.learn.ml[3] could give some inspiration how such libraries could be plugged into GRASS in principle. Other interesting modelling libraries would be PyMC3[4] or Stan[5].
Just for mentioning it.

I can imagine that IO is particularly important for parallelism in these libraries...
Maybe it would be possible develop a general framework for this?

Cheers
Stefan

1: https://www.tensorflow.org/probability
2: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/addons/v.class.ml.html