[GRASS-dev] svn/trac -> git/github migration plan

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 17 06:38:46 PDT 2019

Hi Panos and all,

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 5:09 AM Panagiotis Mavrogiorgos <pmav99 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I would argue that even core developers should not be using the main repo
> as their
> personal one and that, at least most of the time, they should instead be
> using the same
> procedure as every other contributor.

Speaking to people here at the Minneapolis sprint this seems to be the
preferred way, although not always applied fully.

In any case, we should be using this at the beginning to be on the safe
side. Then we can evaluate.

> If every core dev starts pushing their personal branches on
> the main repo, very soon  there will be noise that can effectively become
> too much for
> UIs to properly display.

This can be mitigated by deleting the branch after merge. There should be a
button for that.