[GRASS-dev] grass-addons on github

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu May 23 23:48:07 PDT 2019

Dear devs,

I have read about the procedure for contributors to the main grass
repository. Question is, how are we going to deal with add-ons?

Are we working with a central repository (OSGeo/grass-addons) and follow
the same protocol as for OSGEO/grass. If so, who will be responsible for
approving pull requests? An alternative more like the old situation is that
authors will be able to directly commit to the addon repository.

Or should add-on authors maintain their own repositories, and will there be
a way to provide links to the authors repositories in a central place?

With a central repository for all add-ons I guess it will be easier to
maintain an overview like https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/addons/
and to create the windows binaries?

Best regards,

Paulo