[GRASS-dev] grass-addons on github

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri May 24 00:54:54 PDT 2019

Hi,

pá 24. 5. 2019 v 8:48 odesílatel Paulo van Breugel
> I have read about the procedure for contributors to the main grass repository. Question is, how are we going to deal with add-ons?
>
> Are we working with a central repository (OSGeo/grass-addons) and follow the same protocol as for OSGEO/grass. If so, who will be responsible for approving pull requests? An alternative more like the old situation is that authors will be able to directly commit to the addon repository.

in my opinion requesting PRs for `grass-addons` is maybe overkill. It
must be somehow discussed anyway. If we suggest direct commits it's
important to avoid not needed 'merge from master' commits [1]. The
workflow must be clear (rebase always) to avoid such situations. It
was not defined yet. Even suggested workflow related to the main
repository is not clearly defined [2]. This must be improved in a near
future.

> Or should add-on authors maintain their own repositories, and will there be a way to provide links to the authors repositories in a central place?

Would be nice if g.extension (wingrass builds) supports distributed
personal repos. I can imagine that it could be driven by a metadata
file stored in central `grass-addons` repo. But someone need to
implement it (g.extension, manual pages builds and wingrass builds).
Would be cool.

> With a central repository for all add-ons I guess it will be easier to maintain an overview like https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/addons/ and to create the windows binaries?

Sure. But see my notes above.

Ma