[GRASS-dev] Setting up the Github backport application

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 26 08:55:10 PDT 2019

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 5:24 PM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

> On dimanche 26 mai 2019 16:31:04 CEST Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we activated the backport bot also for GRASS GIS in the Gihub OSGeo
> > organization.
> > As far as I understood from Even's email
> >
> > https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2019-March/049928.html
> >
> > the system is fairly straight forward (activate bot, define a new
> > "backport <branch>" label, set it to a PR).
> >
> > So I tested it with a trivial README.md change but it didn't
> > cherry-pick but tried to backport the entire master to release_branch
> > differences!
>
> Where did you try ? I can't see any "backport XXXX" label in
> https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/labels nor a pull request with the label.

Since it did potential damage, I have already removed the labels.

This was the PR I wanted to auto-backport:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2019-May/045413.html

and see here (at end of page) the many "backporting[bot] " refs:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2019-May/date.html

thanks
Markus