[GRASS-dev] compila grass on fedora31: configure: error: *** Unable to locate GDAL library.

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 04:31:17 PST 2019

I had the same issue last week in an Ubuntu 18 box, both installing
binaries and trying to compile grass. We had to remove everything, esp the
official repo of qgis, install grass first from ubuntugis-unstable and then
get an older qgis version. Some dependencies hell and conflicting versions,
I guess...

Did you try installing from binaries? There's already grass7.8.1 for f31:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1410936

Vero