[GRASS-dev] Keywords for r.null and in general

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:18:24 PST 2019

Hi all,

I'm just seeking quick feedback on keywords for r.null module and adding
some general questions for discussion if needed. I just added r.null.all to
addons (do r.null for multiple maps) with keywords:

raster
map management
null data
no-data

while MarkusN pointed out in the PR that r.null has only

raster
null data

Does the above make sense? The PR for it is easy, but the question here are
more general, so I wonder how people are using the keywords. (As a
reminder, first keywords is module family (raster, vector, ...), second is
topic, third and others are just normal keywords.)

1) Should be we have synonyms in keywords, i.e., both null data and no-data
2) Should we repeat the words from the name of module, i.e., null or null
data? 3) Should different spellings be included, e.g., no-data and NoData?

I'm saying yes first two questions, so that's why I included raster, map
management, null data, no-data.

Best,
Vaclav

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/raster/r.null/main.c#L59