[GRASS-dev] [release planning] GRASS GIS 7.8.0 with Python3 support

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 03:15:35 PDT 2019

Hi,

čt 5. 9. 2019 v 11:56 odesílatel Sebastiaan Couwenberg
<sebastic at xs4all.nl> napsal:
> There is still an issue with g.extension using svn export in
> download_source_code_official_github():
>
>  https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_7_8/scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py#L1094
>
> REQUIREMENTS.html also only documents git as a dependency for g.extension:

that's wrong, g.extension is using 'svn export' (for official repo).

>  https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_7_8/REQUIREMENTS.html#L210
>
> But g.extension also uses svn in download_source_code_svn():
>
>  https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_7_8/scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py#L1066

download_source_code_svn() is used only when source is 'svn' [1].
Let's imagine that user/company has own repository with addons
maintained by svn.

Note that for 'official' source (which is now
https://github.com/osgeo/grass-addons) [2] is used
download_source_code_official_github() which is based on 'svn export'
instead of 'git' [3]. With git the whole repository would need to be
cloned with full history and all addons modules. That's something we
would like to avoid. With github 'svn export' trick do the job. Only
single addons (directory) [which is requested by the user to be
installed] can be fetched. I hope that we will find better solution in
the future.

Ma

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_7_8/scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py#L1230
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_7_8/scripts/g.extension/g.extension.py#L1228