[GRASS-dev] unsupported temporal database in grass79-dev

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:42:59 PDT 2019

Hi devs,

Since the inclusion of "image collections" in grass79dev, the temporal
database is broken, and I get the following message every time I run a t.*
command:

ERROR: Unsupported temporal database: version mismatch.
The format of your actual temporal database is not supported any more.
Solution: You need to export it by restoring the GRASS GIS version used for
creating this DB. From there, create a backup of your temporal database to
avoid the loss of your temporal data.
Notes: Use t.rast.export and t.vect.export to make a backup of your
existing space time datasets.To safe the timestamps of your existing maps
and space time datasets, use t.rast.list, t.vect.list and t.rast3d.list.
You can register the existing time stamped maps easily if you export
columns=id,start_time,end_time into text files and use t.register to
register them again in new created space time datasets (t.create). After
the backup remove the existing temporal database, a new one will be created
automatically.
Supported temporal database version is: 2
Current temporal database info:
DBMI interface:..... sqlite3
Temporal database:..
/home/veroandreo/grassdata/eu_laea/italy_lst/tgis/sqlite.db

I do not understand what this really means in terms of what I have to do. I
have many many time series, some with tens of thousands of maps (Gb's of
data) and I find it really annoying to be forced to export all of them to
then import again. Is this really what I need to do?? Isn't there a simpler
way??

Can someone provide a more detailed explanation of steps to follow, please?

Thanks much in advance
Vero