[GRASS-dev] g.extension, svn, and Mac

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 2 15:44:21 PDT 2020

I just learned yesterday, when I tried to install something from g.extension that:

1. g.extension uses svn to download packages, and
2. Apple stopped including svn with the current OS (10.15.x) and its developer tools

I don't know if anyone else has run into this yet, but it could be an increasingly sticky issue going forward. Unless there are plans to change how g.extension gets packages, I suppose I need to include it in the Mac app bundle.

Has anyone else hit this yet?

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Director, Network for Computational Modeling in Social & Ecological Sciences
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 'http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton, https://complexity.asu.edu/csdc'