[GRASS-dev] g.extension, svn, and Mac

Steven Pawley dr.stevenpawley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:53:53 PDT 2020

Perhaps a different issue,  but I can install extensions, but only pure python-based extensions. Anything that requires compilation of C code fails.

For example, when using the latest GRASS GIS binary (7.9, 25th July 2020 build), this works with r.texture.tiled:

Fetching <r.texture.tiled> from GRASS GIS Addons repository (be patient)...
Compiling...
Installing...
Updating extensions metadata file...
Updating extension modules metadata file...
Installation of <r.texture.tiled> successfully finished

But for example, r.fill.gaps does not:

g.extension extension=r.fill.gaps
Fetching <r.fill.gaps> from GRASS GIS Addons repository (be patient)...
Compiling...
clang-10: warning: no such sysroot directory:
'/Users/cmbarton/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk' [-Wmissing-sysroot]
cell_funcs.c:21:10: fatal error: 'math.h' file not found
#include <math.h>
         ^~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [OBJ.x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0/cell_funcs.o] Error
1
ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

The 7.9-dev build throws an error because it appears to be still looking for components based on your system, specifically.,The 7.8.4 binary (16th July 2020 build) also throws the same error. I’m running the MacOS 10.15.6.

Steve