[GRASS-dev] GUI -> change working directory - what should this action do?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:10:58 PST 2020

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 5:32 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> hi,
>
> today, I saw for the first time ;-) in the GUI:

...and there might be more :-)

> Settings → GRASS working environment → Change working directory.
>
> what should this action do?

Call os.chdir(), Python equivalent of unix cd, i.e., change current working
directory. Is this something outlandish on Windows? Try also cd command in
Console.

> has this ever be tested in winGRASS?

Tested and used at least in classrooms.

> how could this be tested?

Any module with import, export, read, or save file will use the current
working directory when a filename, but no (or relative) path is specified.

Vaclav